Thursday, November 24, 2011

Booking Through Thursday: Thankful






This week, Booking Through Thursday asked, What book or author are you most thankful to have discovered? Have you read everything they’ve written? Reread them? Why do you appreciate them so much?

Most thankful to have discovered? This is a very tough question! There are several authors I am thankful for, such as Donita K. Paul, C.S. Lewis, J.K. Rowling, Lisa T. Bergren, J.R.R. Tolkien, Bryan Davis, and many, many others. To pick a favorite is impossible! Yet, for this prompt, I must. This year, I am going to go with Bryan Davis as the author I am most thankful to have discovered.

For one, I am thrilled to see an author with such great talents writing wonderful fiction, both fantasy, science fiction, and adventure, for Christians all around the world. While there are certainly other great Christian fiction writers out there, I think I most love the stories that come from Bryan Davis. Very original and incredible.

Have I read everything he has written or reread them? I actually have not read everything he has written, but I have reread the ones I have read thus far. So many books, so little time is a very accurate phrase for this situation. I have too many books waiting for me to open that I have such a hard time getting a hold of everything I want to read!

I already have explained above why I appreciate his books so much. They challenge Christians to walk more in the Lord while bringing you along with great, original adventures as well.

Happy Thanksgiving, folks!


"Give thanks to the LORD, for He is good; His love endures forever." Psalm 107:1



2 comments:

  1. Never read anything by him, but he sounds great :)

    Here's mine:
    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2011/11/booking-through-thursday_24.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heeey
    I also put J.R.R. Tolkien and C.S. Lewis on my list!! Hope you have a great weekend, hop on over if you have the time:
    http://universeinwords.blogspot.com/2011/11/booking-through-thursday.html
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete