Thursday, November 17, 2011

Booking Through Thursday: Category






This week, Booking Through Thursday asked, "Of the books you own, what’s the biggest category/genre? Is this also the category that you actually read the most?"

After a quick peek at my bookshelf to verify my predictions, I can report that almost more than half of my bookshelf is filled with f books of all sizes. While I certainly do enjoy other genres of fiction, I can most certainly say that the fantasy genre has held my interest for the longest and, as far as I can tell, will continue to do so for a very long time to come. As of now, I'm reading more Christian romance fiction as I continue to review books for sites such as Booksneeze, Blogging For Books, and Bethany House Publishers. I do have to say that under normal circumstances, I would definitely be reading more of the fantasy genre than any others.

I think I'm attracted most to fantasy because of the expressive and beautiful worlds created by them. There simply aren't that many borders that are put up in the fantasy genre. Traveling to mystical lands where magic, elves, dragons and other such stuff exists has always thrilled me beyond all measure. We may not be able to enjoy such incredible creations in our world, but who says we can't in books?

Happy reading, folks!




4 comments:

  1. Fantasy is pretty cool :)

    Here's mine:
    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2011/11/of-books-you-own-whats-biggest.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I own a mixture of genres.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/11/booking-through-thursday_17.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lot of fantasy in mine too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantasy definitely takes up more place on my shelf too. I adore that genre for all the same reasons!

    ReplyDelete