Thursday, November 3, 2011

2012 Outdo Yourself Challenge!



2012 Outdo Yourself Reading Challenge
(Picture is clickable, guys! :o)

Guess who is becoming more and more interested in the wonderful world of book blogging? If you guessed Tippie, than you would most certainly be right. I've had this blog for awhile now, as the very, very few of my first followers well know. I stopped blogging for a long while due to sheer busyness. I came back earlier this year to start book blog reviewing. I've been thoroughly enjoying myself with this endeavor to read more books and write more blog posts. With that said, I'm going to take part in my first ever challenge!

This challenge is hosted by The Book Vixen.

Details:

  • Runs January 1, 2012 – December 31, 2012 (books read prior to 1/1/12 do not count towards the challenge). You can join at anytime. Sign up on The Book Vixen’s blog.
  • The goal is to outdo yourself by reading more books in 2012 than you did in 2011. See the different levels below and pick the one that works best for you. Nothing is set in stone; you can change levels at any time during the challenge.
  • Books can be any format (bound, eBook, audio).
  • Re-reads and crossovers from other reading challenges are allowed.
  • Grab the reading challenge button and post this reading challenge on your blog to track your progress. Please include a link back to this sign-up post so others can join the reading challenge too. You do not have to be a book blogger to participate; you could track your progress on Goodreads or LibraryThing.

Levels:

Getting my heart rate up – Read 1–5 more books
Out of breath – Read 6–10 more books
Breaking a sweat – Read 11–15 more books
I’m on fire! – Read 16+ more books


Well, I pretty much failed in respects to reading a lot of books this year. But, hey, how much time does a busy college student have anyways? I only read 20 books this year, not including my textbooks. Eek! That's not very much at all! Like I said, I've been busy. So, I'm taking up this book challenge and going with the level Out Of Breath. Let's see if I can get my lazy butt in gear and read 6-10 more books than I did in 2011!

I have a shelf set up -HERE- for you guys to view. Most likely, I will be adding and removing books all year long. I'm challenging mysef to review as many of the books I read in 2012, as well, so look forward to more review posts! :)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for participating! Good luck and I hope you reach your goal :)

    ReplyDelete